New Mexico uses FoundantGLM system for all grant applications and support material, panel review and evaluation, and art services contract reporting. Panelists review and score applications and artistic samples online; and enter their review comments. The panel review period is scheduled for the month of March. The panel rankings will be posted on the NMA website within ten business days of the panel review period. The panel rankings will be presented to the Planning and Budget Committee of the New Mexico Arts Commission for funding recommendations in May. Final approval of funding recommendations occurs at the meeting of the full New Mexico Arts Commission in June. Successful applicants will receive a contract package in June/July. Applicants not recommended for funding will receive a letter.
For more information, please see LifeCycle of a Grant Application.
Call for grant panelists!
New Mexico Arts Grant Program is seeking individuals interested in serving as grant application review panelists for all categories of our FY24 Annual grant cycle. Panelists play a vital role in New Mexico Arts’ work to provide support to nonprofit and government organizations offering a broad range of arts services and programs statewide.
What We’re Looking For:
- Artists, arts professionals, community members, and others actively involved and/or trained in the arts.
- Individuals with expertise in one or more artistic disciplines (performing, visual, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary arts, traditional arts, economic development, or arts education) or administration.
- Panelists are selected for their artistic or administrative experience. We strive to have them represent a range of artistic genres as well as geographic reach. Especially seeking panelists from rural areas.
What to Expect:
- Panelists will review and score eligible applications online based on panel evaluation criteria for a specific panel or category (March 2023).
- Panelists will attend a virtual orientation (February 2023).
- Panelists receive an honorarium.
How to submit:
Fill out the online interest form here
Thursday, 6/2—Regular Arts Commission Meeting 9:30 a.m.
Panel Reviews FY2023